Sunday, November 4, 2012

Sausage Gravy and Biscuits



Ingredients:
1 lb. Jimmy Dean Regular Premium Pork Sausage
1/4 c. flour (heaping)
2 c. milk
1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. pepper
1 tube Pillsbury biscuits (8)

In a medium sized skillet, cook the pork sausage on medium heat until it is no longer pink. Add the flour and keep stirring until the flour has dissolved fully with the meat. Pour the milk into the meat and stir. Add the Worcestershire, salt and pepper to the gravy and keep stirring. Meanwhile, cook the biscuits in the oven according to the directions on the back of the package.
  I like my gravy thicker, so I cooked and stirred for about 10 minutes. If you like your sauce more thin and runny, do not cook for that long.When the biscuits come out of the oven, let cool slightly. Serve the gravy however you like with the biscuits. I love to pull the biscuits apart and eat them like a sandwich. 



2 comments:

Ashley @ A Cute Angle said...

I have to make this for my husband! He would love it. Thanks for the post.

Rebecca's Amazing Creations said...

Your welcome! Let me know if you like the recipe!