Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Cocoa Banana Overnight Oats


I have tried overnight chia pudding before as an easy grab and go breakfast in the morning. I usually fail at making oatmeal from a package in the microwave (yes I know....very funny). I never thought of using oats in a cold way and it seems to be a trend going on right now. I am a choco-holic and banana lover and had a few ripe bananas so I made cocoa banana overnight oats. They turned out great! My fear of oatmeal is officially diminished.

Ingredients:

2 c. rolled oats (or steel cut)
1 1/2 c. milk, 1%
Vanilla yogurt cup, light (1/2 c.)
2 Tbs. cocoa powder
1 Tbs. honey
2 small bananas, peeled and sliced
*Banana chips and mini chocolate chips for garnish

In a medium size bowl, combine the oats, milk, yogurt, cocoa powder and honey together. Pour 1/2 cup of the oat mixture into four medium size mason jars. Layer 1/2 sliced banana on top, and pour the remaining oat mixture on top of the bananas. I added a few mini chocolate chips and a banana chip on top to make it look more appetizing and add something of a different texture.


(Makes 4 jars, each jar is 7 WW points)

No comments: