Monday, March 31, 2014

Strawberry Blackberry Bounce


This was my first attempt making "Bounce". I adapted my Aunty Jean's Blackberry Bounce recipe to accommodate strawberries. I was lucky enough after she passed away to have a sip from a bottle of Blackberry Bounce that she had stored in her kitchen. It doesn't taste quite the same as the way she made it, but it's as close as I will ever get. I would love to try this recipe with blueberries, so be on the lookout this summer for a Blueberry Bounce recipe!

Ingredients:

2 c. chopped fresh strawberries
2 c. fresh blackberries
1 c. sugar
3. vodka


   
Step 1: Add the berries and sugar together in a large mason jar. Mix together and slightly mash.


 2. Add the vodka.

 3. Wait 4-5 weeks, shaking the jar occasionally.


4. Strain the fruit and put in a separate container (I saved to use in a boozy recipe).
Using a funnel, pour the booze into a good container with a tight seal.


5. Pour into glasses and enjoy! 


Love and miss you every day Aunty Jean!

1 comment:

rmp said...

When you say large mason jar, do you mean a quart jar or a 2 quart jar?