Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Bacon Mustard Egg Salad Sandwich with Arugula


Everyone who knows me, knows that my favorite meal of the day is breakfast.....and it doesn't matter what time of day I eat breakfast! Morning noon or night, I never get sick of it! I am especially a huge fan of different types of egg salad sandwiches (and since I am scared of the store-bought ones, I like to make that myself at home). Here is the newest spin off of the classic sandwich that is hard not to love!


Ingredients:

2 Tbs. miracle whip, light
1-2 Tbs. Applewood Smoked Bacon Mustard (Inglehoffer brand)
1 tsp. dried dill
1/2 tsp. fresh cracked pepper
1-2 tsp. Frank's hot sauce
1/2 c. Arugula, longer stems removed
3 hard boiled eggs, peeled and rinsed (nobody likes biting into a chunk of eggshell)
4 pieces of any type of your favorite bread, toasted


 Cut each egg in half and scoop the yolk out into a small bowl. Add the miracle whip, mustard, dill, pepper and hot sauce and mix until a paste like consistency forms. Chop the whites of the egg up and fold into the mustard mix. Place 1/4 of the egg mixture on each slice of toasted bread. On two pieces, line with fresh arugula. Top with the other piece of toast. Makes 2 sandwiches.







(If you use bread that is 3 points per 2 slices, this sammy ends up being 5 WW points. I used Taystee white bread. It is my favorite! Or as my dad has always called it, mush bread.)

No comments: