Thursday, June 19, 2014

Raisinet Peanut Cookies


 This recipe was made for the purpose of saving my sanity. Do you ever have those days at work where you come home and just want to scream into a pillow? Yes.....that was what my day was like. At least I have a child like husband (he never really grew up, and always makes me laugh because of it) and an oven to come home to. Oh yes....and let's not forget my Tala bear (my 4 year old husky).

 I was going to make a raisin oatmeal cookie, but that idea was really boring, and I NEEDED chocolate. So I grabbed some chocolate covered raisins (that of course I had handy in the pantry) and peanuts, which I also usually have because they are one of my favorite kind of nuts (other than those few select family members that could also fit in the "nuts" category (-; ...).


Ingredients:

1 2/3 c. flour
3/4 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
1 1/2 sticks margarine, softened
3/4 c. dark brown sugar
1/3 c. sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
1 egg
1 c. Raisinets
1 c. peanuts, unsalted and not roasted, just plain ol' peanuts

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. In an electric mixer on medium speed, combine the margarine, sugars, vanilla and egg until well combined (about 1-2  minutes). Add the flour, baking powder and soda, and salt and mix together. On a very low speed, add the Raisinets and peanuts. Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper. Roll 1 1/2 tsp. of the dough into a ball and place them 1 1/2 - 2 inches apart on the cookie sheet. Bake for 7-9 minutes. Let sit on the baking sheet for a minute, then remove from the baking sheet and let cool fully on a wire rack.



No comments: