Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Bacon Cheddar Egg Salad

Egg salad sandwiches can be scary.....especially the kind that you buy at a gas station in the middle of no where and you aren't really sure how old the sandwich actually is, or what they put into the "salad" part of it. That is why I ALWAYS make them at home if I get a craving for one. I could eat eggs for every meal of the day, and egg salad is actually one of my favorite types of sandwiches. I get really bored with the normal way of making it, so I am always adding different random ingredients each time. This version turned out unbelievable...


Ingredients:

4 eggs, hardboiled, peeled and chopped
2 Tbs. stone ground mustard
1 slice bacon, cooked and crumbled
1/4 c. Miracle Whip, light
1 Tbs. Frank's Red Hot Wings Sauce, Sweet Heat BBQ
1/4 c. Kraft reduced fat shredded cheddar cheese
1 tsp. fresh cracked pepper
1 tsp. dill weed, dried

 Combine the above ingredients together in a small bowl. If you are making them in the form of a sandwich, I like to toast the bread first to give it a bit of crunch. Divide the mixture into 4, and when the toast is cool, spread the egg salad on top. Finish with any type of leafy greens, and drizzle a small amount of yellow mustard on the top piece of toast.


(The salad alone, makes 4 servings, and is 3 WW points per serving. If you add the bread (which I used Taystee white bread) it ends up being 6 WW points per sandwich.)

No comments: