Friday, October 31, 2014

Pumpkin Pie Crescents


I don't normally post personal stories on my baking blog, but I think I might start and give people a little bit of inside about me, or at least try and spice it up a bit so it isn't so boring and straight to the point. While baking these last night, and watching a scary movie to get into the Halloween spirit, I made the mistake of looking out of the window at the "possible chance of snow" we were supposed to get. Well, possible chance of snow turned into this....


That is my husky Tala, ecstatic that there was THAT MUCH snow on our back deck this morning. It took me forever to get her to even come back inside. So much for possible snow, there's so much of it it's like I fell asleep and woke up in a different town! That's what I get for living in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan! Anyways....on to the recipe.

Ingredients:

2 containers reduced fat Crescent rolls
1 c. canned pumpkin pie filling
Wilton white icing in a bottle (or powdered sugar, maple extract and milk)


Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Unroll the crescent rolls out and tear apart where the seams are. Place 1 heaping tablespoon on each crescent roll (wide end). Bring the wide end over and pinch the sides of dough around the pie filling. Roll forward until the pointy edge is facing downward. Place on parchment lined baking sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes. When they have cooled, drizzle the tops with the icing.




No comments: