Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Cauliflower Pizza Crust


Time for a guest recipe! This is the first one I have done and I think I will continue to randomly do it.  My husband and I went to my parents house and my mom wanted to make pizza using cauliflower pizza crust. I am not a big fan of raw cauliflower but I love when it is boiled or roasted. She is not a fan of breading so this recipe is a perfect medium for both of our likes and dislikes.

Ingredients:

2 c. cauliflower, raw (chopped in food processor)
2 eggs
1 c. Mozzarella cheese
1-2 tsp. Mrs. Dash, Garlic & Herbs (or any preferred seasoning)
1 Tbs. coconut oil
1/4 c. grated Parmesan cheese

Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Spread about 1 Tbs. of coconut oil (give or take) in a thin layer on top of the parchment paper. Sprinkle the coconut oil with Parmesan cheese.


Combine the first four ingredients together in a large bowl. Using your hands works best, but if you prefer to use a spatula make sure that everything is combined together well.


Pour the cauliflower "dough" out on top of the grated Parmesan. Using your hands, press out the mixture into a thin layer (I would suggest not going any thinner than 1/4 of an inch so that the pizza isn't flimsy). Bake for about 20 minutes in the oven.

*At this point you will add your toppings, and place back into the oven under broil for about 3-5 minutes until the cheese is melted and the crust is golden brown on the edges.

 Here's a throwback of my mom and I to about 6 years ago on my 21st birthday.

No comments: