Monday, June 8, 2015

Mango Banana Bread


I am a huge banana bread fanatic. I love every combination from banana and blueberries, to banana peanut butter, banana and bacon. I just all around love banana. I had a very ripe mango in my fridge and decided to test mango and banana, since the combination usually works well in smoothies together. Holy wah did it turn out fantastic! This is one of the moist banana bread recipes I have ever made. I had to cut into the middle of one just to make sure it wasn't raw, it is that moist!

Ingredients:

2 2/3 c. flour
3/4 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
3/4 c. sugar
4 Tbs. margarine, room temperature
2 eggs
3 bananas, mashed
1 (6 oz.) container Yoplait, Light Very Vanilla
1 mango, peeled, cored and cubed


Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Lay out 4 non stick mini loaf baking trays. In an electric mixer, combine the margarine and sugar until creamy. Add in the eggs, then mashed banana and yogurt. Slowly add in the dry ingredients until everything is well combined. On low speed, mix in the mango. Pour into the prepared baking trays evenly and spread the top out in an even layer. bake for 35-40 minutes. Let cool on a wire rack before serving or placing in a container for later.


I added some melted white chocolate on top for a sweet addition and to make it more dessert like!



No comments: