Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Peanut Butter Banana Doggy Cake


My stinkin-cute "doghter" just turned 5!! Dogs grow up so fast (I'm assuming like children, but I don't have any kids yet so I would know). I remember when we brought her home and went through the potty training stage and the look on her face when we ran her in front of the four wheeler for the first time. She literally brings pure happiness into my life.  For her birthday since we didn't have time to throw her a party like last year, I still wanted to do something special. She LOVES peanut butter, and I had some old bananas sitting out, so what the heck! Peanut Butter Banana Cake it is!


Ingredients:

3/4 c. whole wheat flour
1/4 c. flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1/4 c. peanut butter, smooth
1/4 c. vegetable oil
1 large banana, peeled and smashed
1/3 c. honey
1 egg

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 7 or 8" springform pan with non stick cooking spray. Mix the above ingredients in a bowl together. Pour into the prepared pan and smooth out. Bake for 25-30 minutes until the center is fully cooked. Let cool first before slicing and giving to your pup! I topped her piece with a dollup of fat free Redi Whip!


No comments: