Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Buffalo Turkey Burgers


I am trying to get better with the whole adding personal aspects of my life or little snippets of why I created the recipe to the page but so far I have failed miserably. I will try my best from now on :-).

I love buffalo style everything, minus the fact that 90% of restaurants add bleu cheese, to which I can't stand! So this recipe is a lean version (I always use ground turkey when making burgers at home), of a buffalo style burger, only using a Queso Fresco to get the same crumbling effect, but less of a foot-like cheesy smell.....Enjoy!

Ingredients:
3/4 lb. Jennie-O lean ground turkey, 90% fat free
1/2 c. shredded Pepper-Jack cheese
1/4 c. Panko breadcrumbs
2 Tbs. fresh chopped chives
3 Tbs. Frank's Red Hot Sauce, Chile n' Lime
Sliced Tomato
Romaine Lettuce
1/2 c. Queso Fresco cheese (or Bleu if you are into that sort of cheese....)
* Frank's Red Hot Sauce, Chile n' Lime or Original
4 Foldit, 5 grain Flax, Flatout Bread

In a medium size bowl, combine the ground turkey, pepper-jack cheese, Panko, chives and chile n' lime Frank's hot sauce together (I prefer using my hands). Heat a grill pan to medium heat and spray with non stick cooking spray. Form the ground turkey mixture into four equal size patties, making sure that the center is slightly more thin than the outside so that the turkey will cook more evenly. Place the patties on the prepared grill pan and cook for 3-4 minutes on each side, placing a lid on top while they are cooking. Make sure to check the center of one of the patties if you are unsure if the center is cooked (you do not want to consume raw turkey!). Place a turkey patty on each of the four Flatout 5 grain "hamburger" buns. Top with romaine lettuce, sliced tomato, around 1-2 Tbs. of crumbed Queso Fresco, and many dashes more of hot sauce!


(Makes 4 burgers, 9 WW points per burger)

No comments: