Friday, August 21, 2015

Loaded Mashed Potato Bowl


Mashed potatoes.....oh how I love you. Now, want to know something that my husband found very interesting? I have never used instant mashed potatoes before in my LIFE! I always walk by them in the grocery store and don't even bother looking. I didn't grow up eating them, I was the potato masher and we always made them the long way of peeling, boiling and mashing. Now, something that shocked myself.....I loved the 100% real Idaho instant potatoes. And it was so easy! I'm sure those who eat them all of the time are laughing right now, but really, it was a new experience for me!

Ingredients:

4 oz. 100% real instant mashed potatoes, Roasted Garlic Flavored
1 Tbs. margarine
2-3 pieces Jennie-O Turkey Bacon, cooked and chopped
2 green onions, chopped
1/2 c. shredded reduced fat cheddar cheese

Heat 2 cups of water in a medium saucepan until the water is boiling. Remove from the heat, and stir in the instant 100% real potatoes until they become thick like mashed potatoes. Stir in the margarine until it is fully melted and incorporated. Top with shredded cheese, turkey bacon and green onion.

This recipe can either be a side dish or main meal. Just adjust the portions accordingly. You may need to add a bit more shredded cheese if you are mixing it and serving as a side dish, but just eyeball it!



No comments: