Monday, August 17, 2015

Maple Mustard Pork Chops


I need to start expanding the kinds of meat I buy and start experimenting more. My go-to is always ground turkey, pork tenderloin and chicken breasts. I love pork, but every time I see meat with the words "bone-in" it just seems like such a hassle to me. Well, it isn't, it's all in my head. The meat stays SO juicy when you have a cut of meat with the bone still in it.


Ingredients:

2 Pork Chops (center cut, or otherwise), bone-in
salt and pepper
3 Tbs. stone ground mustard
2 Tbs. pure Maple syrup

In a shallow dish, season the pork with salt and pepper. Add the mustard and maple syrup and rub (or as some say, message) the meat until each side of both pork chops are coated evenly. Cover with Saran wrap, or tinfoil, and let marinade for 15-20 minutes. Preheat the grill to 350 degrees. Cook the pork for 7 minutes on one side, flip, and continue for another 5-7 minutes on the opposite side.

* You can also cook these in the oven at 350 degrees for about 25 to thirty minutes.



No comments: