Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Ranch Oyster Crackers, a Daycare Favorite!


When I was little I made MANY memories at the daycare that I went to. The funny part is, I can remember quite a bit from my time there, even to this day. I met my best friend of almost 3 decades there, had my first "kiss", and watched my very first musical on TV. There are also a few recipes and snacks that were everyone's favorite, such as their famous banana bread recipe (Nancy and Barbara's Banana Bread), and their Ranch Oyster Crackers, recipe to follow! I am blessed to have such great memories and lifelong friends from my years going there!

Ingredients:

1 pkg. Ranch dressing mix
1 tsp. dill weed
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1/4 c. vegetable oil
1 bag oyster crackers

Preheat the oven to 250 degrees. In a large bowl, whisk the dressing mix, dill, garlic powder and vegetable oil together. Add the oyster crackers and stir with a rubber spatula. Line a baking sheet with tinfoil. Pour the crackers out and spread in as even of a layer as possible. Bake 15 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes. Let cool slightly, and then either add to a serving dish and serve right away, or store in an air tight container until ready to use!

No comments: