Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Apple Cider Jell-O Shots


I am not a person who drinks often. In fact, my birthday and Halloween party every year are the two I usually count on. These are dangerous! Apple juice since I was a kid has always been my favorite, and apple cider is a pretty close second. Add cinnamon flavored Fireball mixed in? I'm in trouble..... These turned out amazing, and jell-o shots are one of the best ways ever to consume alcohol!

Ingredients:

2 c. apple cider
1 c. water
2 envelopes unflavored gelatin (Knox)
1 c. Fireball


Heat a small saucepan to medium heat and add the water and apple cider. When the liquid is warm/hot, add in the envelopes of gelatin and whisk until all of the lumps are out and the gelatin is incorporated into the apple cider. Add in the fireball and whisk again for about 30 seconds to a minute. I worked with half of the liquid at one time, and poured it into a 2 cup glass Pyrex measuring cup that already has a spout at the top. Pour into individual disposable cups (I went to Gordon Foods and grabbed ones with lids, that are about the size of the ketchup containers you get at fast food restaurants). Place the lid on top and store in the refrigerator until ready to serve!

No comments: