Monday, October 26, 2015

Black Bean Hummus Dip


My favorite hummus of all time is black bean hummus. The brand that used to carry it in grocery stores no longer makes it so I have resorted to having to make my own now. This is a creamier version of hummus, adding yogurt to make it an easier dip-like consistency. It turned out amazing and it had many compliments when I made it for my Halloween party this year. 

Ingredients:

1 clove garlic, peeled
1 (14 oz.) can black beans, drained and rinsed
1/4 c. extra virgin olive oil
2 Tbs. lime juice
1 Tbs. tahini
1 tsp. ground coriander
1 tsp. salt
3 Tbs. chopped fresh cilantro
1 container thick and creamy vanilla yogurt (6 oz.)


Combine the garlic, black beans, olive oil, lime juice, tahini, and seasonings in a food processor until a smooth paste forms. Add the cilantro and yogurt and pulse until just mixed together. I drizzled mine with olive oil and topped with more cilantro (the olive oil part is not in my pictures). I also served them in three small bowls so that I could keep two refrigerated and replenish through the night!

No comments: