Thursday, October 8, 2015

Chocolate Chunk Spice Cookies


My favorite spice season is finally here. I love adding pumpkin spice mix or apple pie spice mix to everything. This has easily become one of my favorite cookie recipes of all time, combining my love of chocolate and my favorite fall flavors of cinnamon, clove, ginger.....you get the idea!

Ingredients:

2 1/4 c. flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. vanilla
2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice mix
2 eggs
3/4 c. sugar
3/4 c. brown sugar
2 sticks margarine, softened
1 1/2 c. chocolate chunks
2 Tbs. chia seeds


In an electric mixer, beat the sugar, brown sugar and margarine until a paste forms. Add in the two eggs and vanilla and mix until well combined. Slowly add in the flour, baking soda and powder, salt, pumpkin pie spice and the chia seeds. On low speed, add in 1 1/4 c. of the chocolate chunks. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Use a batter scoop that makes 1 Tbs. rounds, place about 8 scoops at LEAST two inches apart on the prepared baking sheet. Top each dough ball with a few pieces of the chocolate chunks. Bake for 11 minutes, and then let rest on the cookie sheet for 2 minutes before removing and placing them on a wire rack to cool fully. Repeat until all of the batter is gone.


Since I have to cut down on carbs, I sent a goodie box to the boys that work with my husband at the shop. Even though I would love to eat all of everything that I bake, I love giving baked goods to other people and getting feedback. Thank goodness I have a test group that I can do that with or my freezer would be full of frozen cookies and I would be twice the size!

No comments: