Friday, January 8, 2016

Thyme for some Ham and Gouda Quiche!


Well, I am an egg addict and make many quiches. Especially when I have random ingredients in the refrigerator that only has a small amount left so I can get rid of it before it goes bad. So, like every quiche I've ever made, this started out with leftover ham from when I cooked one in the oven. After my husband took some for work the next day for breakfast, he told me that I need to "write this recipe down" because it was one of the best quiches I've ever made. Well, this is my version of writing it down! ;-)


Ingredients:
4 eggs
1 1/2 c. milk
1/3 c. Bisquick, Heart Smart
1/2 tsp. garlic salt
1/4 tsp. fresh cracked pepper
1 1/2 tsp. fresh thyme
3/4 c. ham, chopped into small pieces
1 c. grated smoked Gouda cheese


Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Spray a quiche or pie pan with non stick cooking spray. In a medium size bowl using a fork or whisk, mix the eggs, milk, Bisquick, salt and pepper together. If a few clumps are left, that is okay they will cook out in the oven. Spread the diced ham and thyme on the bottom of the prepared dish. Pour the egg mixture on top. Sprinkle the grated cheese in an even layer on top. Bake in the oven for 35 minutes until the top is golden brown. Let cool before slicing so that any juices left from baking soak back into the quiche.


(This recipe makes 4-6 servings. Two slices if cut into 6 servings is 9 points plus Weight Watchers points.)

No comments: