Friday, June 24, 2016

Peanut Butter Banana Pupcakes


A few weeks ago my dog-ter celebrated her 6th birthday! Since I don't have any kids of my own yet, my dog is pretty much my daughter. She acts just like a little kid, needs my constant attention, and has her bratty moments, but I still love the heck out of her. Happy birthday Tala bear!


Ingredients:

1/2 c. peanut butter (creamy or chunky)
1/2 c. vegetable oil
2 bananas, mashed
1/2 c. honey
2 eggs
2 c. whole wheat flour
2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. baking powder
4 oz. cream cheese (1/3 less fat), softened
1/2 c. peanut butter
1 Tbs. milk
*Optional, bone sprinkles

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a cupcake tin (I used 1 12-count and 1 6-count) with liners. In a large bowl, combine the peanut butter, oil, banana, honey and eggs together until smooth. Slowly add in the baking soda and powder, and the flour until everything is mixed well. Divide among the cups, filling 2/3 of the way full. Bake for 18-20 minutes until the edges are golden brown. Let cool.


Combine the cream cheese, peanut butter and milk together with an electric mixer. When the cupcakes are cool, pipe or spread the frosting on top and decorate with sprinkles!

No comments: