Wednesday, October 18, 2017

Bloody Blondies


It's that time of year again....my favorite time of year that is. It is now officially sweatshirt, bonfire, pumpkin spice weather! Along with this season comes my favorite holiday of all time which is Halloween! I have been in the process for the last few months moving into a new house (well, a new, used house) which has taken up most of my husband and my time currently. I have over one hundred recipes to update, and over 60 restaurants to review for my other blog Small Town Girl, Foodie World and I am literally backed up since this past May. Yikes! Hopefully I will slowly be able to catch up, but for now, enjoy this spooky and easy to make treat!

Ingredients:

1 box yellow cake mix
1/4 c. veggie oil
1 egg
1/3 c. milk
1/8 tsp. burgundy food coloring gel (or red liquid food coloring)
Spooky sprinkles! (Bloody Bones Sprinkles)


Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and spray a 13 x 9 baking pan with non stick cooking spray. In a large bowl, mix the cake mix, veggie oil, egg and milk together until it is a sticky paste-like substance. Use a butter knife to scoop out about 1/8 of a teaspoon of the burgundy food gel and scrape it into the bowl. gently mix the batter with the gel. I wanted a marbled look, but if you want it fully mixed in, that is also okay. Spread the batter out in an even layer in the pan. Top with a few scattered bloody bone sprinkles (they will melt in the cooking process to give it a shiny random surface). Bake for 25-30 minutes until the edges of the bars are golden brown. While it is still hot, sprinkle a few more bloody bones on top! Wait for the bars to cool before cutting and serving.

No comments: