Tuesday, October 31, 2017

Taco Loaded Sweet Potatoes


This is one of the best sweet potato recipes I have ever made. I am always in love with Mexican food flavors and this recipe doesn't disappoint! This is a vegetarian dish and so filling even my husband couldn't finish it. I added over-easy eggs on top but if you don't eat eggs, leaving them off won't change the awesomeness at all. The soft potato, spicy beans, crunchy fried tortilla and sour cream give this dish all of the textures and flavors that make a dish amazing. they only took about 15 minutes to make since they are cooked in the microwave and just finished in the oven, and they are the perfect comfort food for the cold rainy/snow season!


Ingredients:

2 large sweet potatoes
2 6 inch white corn tortillas, halved and cut into thin strips
1 shallot, peeled and chopped
1 can (15.5 oz) black beans, drained and rinsed
1 Roma tomato, chopped
1/2 jalapeno pepper, seeded and fine diced
1/4 c. fresh cilantro, rough chopped
1 Tbs. Taco seasoning
1 c. shredded white cheddar
Sour cream
* Optional: 2 Fried Eggs


Pierce the sweet potatoes with a fork multiple times on the outside of the sweet potatoes. Microwave them for 10 minutes (or more) until the outside of the potato is easily pierced with a fork. While the potatoes are cooking, preheat the oven to 450 degrees.


Layer a small plate with a piece of paper towel. In a medium size frying pan, heat a pan over medium-high heat add 3 Tbs. of olive oil. When the oil is hot add in the corn tortillas and continually stir until the color turns a golden brown and they are crunchy. Scoop out of the oil and place to cool on the paper towel. Sprinkle with a small amount of salt.


In the same pan (no need to wipe down), add the shallot and jalapeno. Cook until the onions are softened, which is about 3-5 minutes. Add in the beans, half of the taco seasoning and 1/2 c. water. Cook until the water has evaporated (another 5 minutes). Remove the pan from the heat.


Cut each sweet potato in half 3/4 of the way down, and place on a baking sheet lined with tinfoil and cooking spray. Sprinkle the insides with the remaining taco seasoning and half of the white cheddar. Bake for 5 minutes until the cheese is melted.

Place each potato on your serving plates. Divide the bean mixture in half and spoon into the middle of the potatoes. Top with the fried egg (optional), cilantro, tomato, sour cream, the remaining shredded cheese and last but not least, the fried corn tortilla strips.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Effective powerful love spell to get your Ex lover back urgently after breakup/divorce!.

Hi everyone! I have just experience the wonders of Dr Azeez love spell, that have been spread on the internet and worldwide, How he marvelously helped people all over the world to restored back their marriage and get back lost lovers, and also help to win lottery. I contacted him after going through so many testimonies from different people how he help to bring back ex lover back, I told him about my husband that abandoned me about 6 months ago, and left home with all I had.. Dr Azeez only told me to smile 3 times and have a rest of mind he will handle all in just 48hrs, After the second day Scott called me, I was just so shocked, I pick the call and couldn’t believe my ears, he was really begging me to forgive him and making promises on phone.. He come back home and also got me a new car just for him to proof his love for me. I was so happy and called Dr Azeez and thanked him; he only told me to share the good news all over the world... Well if your need an effective and real spell caster for any problem in your life you can contact Dr Azeez… Here’s his contact. Email: Azeezabdulahi12@gmail.com
You can also call him or add him on what’s-app: +2348160153829