Monday, January 13, 2014

Raspberry Semi Sweet Dessert Bars




A year and a half ago I made some amazing bars that I re-made only used slightly different ingredients. The recipe I adjusted was my Raspberry Streusel Squares recipe. I used 1 stick of butter instead of 1 1/2 so that the mixture was more crumbly and the streusel that ended on top stayed loose. Instead of using my husband's Aunt Jean's raspberry jam, I used my cousin Jen's raspberry jam that she had given us for Christmas (soooo good!). And instead of using white chocolate chips, I used semi-sweet. This version for some reason seemed to taste more like a dessert bar, where as the previous recipe tasted more like a granola bar with white chocolate. No matter what type of jam or chocolate you use for these, they are unbelievably delicious!


No comments: