Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Turkey Thyme Egg Bake


This past weekend was the first weekend my husband (our dog Tala) and I slept out at our new camp. When I was a Junior in high school (about 10 years ago) my dad's side of the family "camp" caught on fire and burned down. It only took 10 years, but my sister and I rebuilt it and I can't wait to be able to start going out there all of the time. Right now we have barely even the basics in the kitchen out there, so I decided to make this at my house and bring it up with us so that we don't have to deal with trying to make breakfast in the morning. It was one of those, "what's in my fridge?" kind of recipes, but let me tell you, it was one of the best ingredient combinations for a quiche that I have ever made!

Ingredients:

4 eggs
1 1/2 c. milk, 1%
1/2 c. heart smart Bisquick
1/2 c. Hillshire cracked black pepper deli turkey, chopped
1/4 c. chopped green onion
1 tsp. garlic salt
1 tsp. fresh thyme
4 Belgioioso Parmesan snack cubes, chopped into smaller cubes (4 slices, turn, 4 slices the other way)


Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray a quiche dish, casserole dish or pie tin with non stick cooking spray. In a medium size bowl, whisk the Bisquick, eggs, milk and garlic salt together. It is okay if there is still Bisquick lumps in the batter, they will bake out. Stir in the green onion and thyme. Pour into the prepared pan. Sprinkle the top with the turkey and Parmesan cubes. Bake uncovered for 30-35 minutes until the middle is cooked through and the top is slightly golden brown.


No comments: