Monday, February 8, 2016

Mini Beer Bread Cheese Curd Muffins

 

Well, football season has ended for the year (I don't actually watch football, I just like to make awesome appetizers that you would serve if you actually HAD people over to watch football....but anyways..), and the Superbowl was yesterday. I made these cute little bite size beer bread with Wisconsin cheese curds on top! (And no, I am not from Wisconsin, nor do I like the Packers..... my husband and I as sad as it may be, although they did do good this year, are both Lions fans.) These bite size morsels are absolutely delicious with a honey mustard dip!

Ingredients:

1 1/2 c. dill cheese curds, broken into small pieces (or use normal cheese curds and 1-2 Tbs. fresh dill)
12 oz. beer (someone left a Keystone at our house, use whatever you want to get rid of)
1 pouch beer bread mix (I used pampered chef)
1 Tbs. margarine, melted
2 Tbs. chives, freeze dried or fresh
2 tsp. garlic salt


Spray a 24 cup (or 2, 12 cup) mini muffin tin with non stick cooking spray. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Meanwhile, in a large bowl mix the beer, bread mix, margarine, chives and garlic salt together. Fill the muffin tins about 2/3 of the way full with the batter. Place part of a cheese curd in the center of each cup and press down slightly. bake for 10-12 minutes until the bottoms are slightly golden and the cheese is melted. This recipe makes around 50-52 so spray the tins again and repeat the filling and cooking process until the batter is gone.


I served this with a honey mustard sauce. I combined 1 1/2 Tbs. champagne mustard, 1 1/2 Tbs. course or stone ground mustard, and 2 tsp. honey. Double, triple or quadruple depending on how big of a crowd you are serving this for.

No comments: