Monday, November 10, 2014

Pumpkin Doughnuts


I have been doing a bake sale fundraiser for the last few weeks at my work place and these had to have been one of my favorites so far. I don't eat doughnuts very often, but when it comes to fall, I love everything pumpkin and cinnamon flavored (which is funny, because I don't actually like plain pumpkin pie). These are a must try if you have a doughnut pan! When they are baked and not deep fried, I feel a lot less guilty about stuffing one in my face...

Ingredients:

2 c. flour
1/2 c. dark brown sugar
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. baking soda
1 c. pumpkin pie mix
2 eggs
1/4 c. milk, 1%
1/4 c. margarine, softened

Glaze:
1 1/2 c. powdered sugar
1/2 tsp. vanilla
2 Tbs. milk (or less/more depending on consistency)

 Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Spray a doughnut pan with non stick cooking spray and set aside. In an electric mixer, cream the butter, pumpkin, eggs and milk together. Add in the flour, brown sugar, baking powder, salt and baking soda until everything is well combined. Fill the molds 2/3 full and bake for 8-10 minutes. In a small bowl, combine the glaze ingredients and spoon over the top of the doughnuts, or dunk the tops in the glaze. Let the glaze harden slightly.

This recipe makes around 18-22 doughnuts.


No comments: