Thursday, October 15, 2015

Cranberry Chicken Salad


I never usually have a craving for a big salad. Even though lately that is usually what I choose but not at all for the fact that I want one, but am trying to lose weight. On this particular occasion, I just wanted a big chicken salad with Craisins in it.That is how this salad got created. I eat mine without pecans, I am still warming up to eating them not in baked goods. But with out without the nuts, this salad was delicious and will be my go-to any time I am craving a plate of leafy greens.

Ingredients:

Romaine lettuce (about 1 1/2 - 2 heads for two salads), chopped
2 Rotisserie chicken breasts, chopped
1/2 c. Craisins (mine were blueberry)
1/2 c. shredded Parmesan cheese
2 Tbs. toasted (or raw) Pecans
Balsamic Vinaigrette (I use Wish-Bone)

To assemble this is pretty easy, and self explanatory (since it is a salad and all..). Place the chopped lettuce on each plate. Top with the sliced chicken breast, Craisins, shredded Parm, roasted pecans and then finish with a drizzle of balsamic vinaigrette. Super easy, and you didn't even have to cook the chicken! (Although, you could use grilled, baked or boiled chicken breast also.)

No comments: